Culture of Care Statement
Doha College recognises and values the contribution that students, parents, carers, governors and other members of the community make. We will endeavor to ensure that all of our stakeholders understand the aims and vision of the college, and to ensure they are involved at all times.
We are committed to providing all our customers with responsive and meaningful customer service. We recognise that customers have a right to expect a first class service in all aspects of their relationship with the school. Ensuring that we maintain high levels of customer service at all times is one of the highest priorities of every staff member.
This Culture of Care Charter simply and clearly states our commitment to you as our customer.
Our Customers and Stakeholders
In a school environment the term customer covers all the people who we come into contact with on a daily basis. Our customers are parents (both existing and prospective) students and staff as well as many other groups. Our stakeholders are people directly or indirectly affected by our actions.
Customer care is the way we interact with customers and stakeholders when we provide services, advice and support to them.
Aims of Charter
This Charter aims to:
- Set out how we provide high quality and customer focused services.
- Have clear standards on how we expect our employees and partners to behave.
- Help customers to understand how our core values underpin everything we do and everything we aim to achieve.
We believe in working together with people, internally and externally, to achieve our vision of being recognised as one of the leading international schools in the world.
We have the commitment, passion and determination to achieve better things; a will to succeed and be the best that we can - both as individuals and as an organisation.
We have an ambition and desire to build something that staff, students and parents are proud to be part of.
To unlock our students’ full potential, develop their confidence, creativity and intellect in a safe and caring environment, empowering their contribution to global society.
Vision: To enable personal growth, instil a passion for learning and create aspirational minds.
Principles of the Charter
Excellent Customer Service
- We will do our best to fully deal with your enquiry when you first contact us.
- We will make it quick and easy to deal with us, however you choose to contact us e.g. email, online, by phone or in person.
- Whoever you contact will take personal responsibility for your enquiry.
- If we cannot give you the solution you hoped for, where appropriate, we will explain why and also explain the next step you can take.
- We will give you information that is easy to understand and accurate.
- We will keep you informed of progress if your enquiry cannot be fully dealt with immediately.
- We will be polite, friendly and helpful.
- We will treat you fairly and sensitively and protect your personal privacy.
What we expect from our customers
- To always treat our staff with courtesy and respect.
Performance Monitoring and Responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the Leadership Group to ensure that:
- All staff are made aware of the policies relating to delivering services to customers.
- All staff receive the suitable training to enable them to deliver the services within their particular area of responsibility.
- Services are monitored, and where necessary, records relating to performance are collected in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Customers are adequately informed of changes to policies.
- Appropriate action is taken against employees whose actions are inconsistent with this Charter to the clear detriment of customers and stakeholders.
Comments, compliments and complaints
The standards set out within the Customer Care Charter are intended to ensure the quality of services for customers and stakeholders. We like to know what our customers think about the services they receive.
By letting us know about your experience, you can help us to further improve. Here is how to contact us to make a comment, compliment or complaint:
- by calling 4407 6777
- in person at one of our Front Offices in Al Waab or West Bay
- Via the Doha College website under the tab ‘Contact us’
If we fail to meet these standards and are unable to address these failings. Customers are encouraged to record a complaint in line with our Customer Complaints Procedure.
Customer Complaints Procedure
Customers can contact any member of staff to express dissatisfaction with a service and the staff member will try to resolve the complaint informally. Many concerns can be resolved by simple clarification or the provision of information, and it is anticipated that most complaints will be resolved by this informal stage.
If we cannot resolve a complaint informally or it is of a serious nature then the complaint will be dealt with formally. To enable us to deal with your complaint formally, please provide us with as much detail as you can to help us investigate the matter properly:
- Say what the problem is.
- Say what you want to happen.
- Provide information on any relevant communication with us on the subject, including letters, emails, and the times and dates of any conversations.
- Address your complaint to Front Office Supervisor / Executive Assistant.
The Front Office Manager / Executive Assistant will act as your point of contact and will give you the name of the person dealing with your complaint.
How we deal with complaints
An investigation is carried out by the appropriate Department Head. They will reply in writing or by telephone within 15 working days from when we receive your complaint. If it is not possible for us to fully respond within this time we will let you know and tell you what is being done and when you can expect a full response. We will always acknowledge where things could have been done better and tell you what will be done to avoid the same thing happening again. Equally, if we don’t agree with your complaint, we will let you know why.
What if you are not satisfied
If you are not happy with the result of this investigation, or the way the investigation has been carried out, you can request for your complaint to be escalated to the next stage. To progress the complaint we will ask you to explain the reasons why you feel the complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction and what remedy you are seeking.
Your complaint will then be reviewed by an appropriate member of the Leadership Group who will decide whether a further investigation is needed. They will reply in writing or by telephone within 15 working days from when they received the complaint.
If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome or handling of your complaint you may ask for the complaint to be escalated to the final stage of our process, explaining why you feel it is necessary and the solution you are after. At this stage you will be invited to present your complaint to the Business and Development Director who will review the case, consider the outcome of the investigations and the resolutions that have been offered previously. The Business and Development Director will decide whether or not to uphold the complaint and, where the complaint is upheld, will suggest an appropriate resolution.
We aim to convene a meeting with the Business and Development Director within one month of the complaint being escalated to this stage.